From time to time web sites may start to act oddly and when you speak to your support person s/he may ask you to clear your cache. The cache is a place where files are stored temporarily so that web site will display more quickly. Clearing the cache requires a web site to deliver fresh information to your computer so that everything is up to date.
To clear your cache on Internet explorer.
- From the menu on top click Tools (if you don't have a tools menu, in clear space at the very top of the IE window... not on a tab... right click and click on "Menu Bar" to make it display.
- At the bottom of the Tools menu you will see "Internet Options" click on that item.
- A dialog box will appear and the "General" tab will be active. Toward the bottom of that box you will see a section called "Browsing History" click on the "Delete" button. Don't worry nothing will delete yet.
- You will see a list of things that you can delete. Please make sure that only the item called "Temporary Internet files and website files" is checked. Once you've double checked go ahead click the "Delete" button.
- Once the deletion is complete press OK on the dialog box and close the browser.
- Now you can reopen IE and try your website again. If this corrects the problem you were experiencing then huzzah! If not you may need to try additional troubleshooting measures or the issue may not be on your computer but rather it may be on the website itself. Additional troubleshooting is beyond the scope of this document. Please call your support personnel for additional ideas.